DJK-dar aka Kedar Tilak

Category: By Kedar Tilak
What’s up blog-topia!

I’m rather new to this blogging-ness of blogland but I assure you I’ll try to make my entries blogtastic. Sorry… the word blog just amuses me. But for the sake of not boring your brains with other b-words, I’ll stick to the basics. Hehe.

My name is Kedar and I’m one of the DJs and organizers at Prodigy Entertainment. As you can see, we have a pretty exciting and articulate group of staff members here and I’m really looking forward to keeping this blog up to date. The DJ life is going strong and I can’t wait for this school year to really take off. The first few weeks are always the busiest and typically the most fun as well.

If you were to try to explain my DJ style, I would probably describe myself as a mash-up fiend. Mixing anything from the Super Mario Brothers soundtrack to MTV’s Rob and Big, I love mashing today’s popular beats with some other genres of pop culture. With the comeback of house already underway, it’s been great seeing the transformation of clubs from the dirty grind to a more… mommy friendly music style.

Although I’ve only been showing out live for a few years now, it’s been a great tide and I’m happy to see the direction Prodigy is headed. Hopefully the DJ career will live on beyond college for me. I kind of set my goal to keep on showing out as long as I’m still having fun and until some complete stranger asks me for an autograph. But don’t tell my mom that… she’ll hire some kid to ask me for one.

When I’m not behind the tables, I’m usually behind my computer screen. That being said, I’ll probably be back adventuring in the land of blog soon enough.

Keep Shakin’ dem jeans. And the contents of the jeans. The butts.

DJK-dar

View Comments
 
blog comments powered by Disqus