Formal @ Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego

Category: , By Thomas Pham

2 Weeks ago I went to DJ at a formal at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. I had never been there, but I knew it was in downtown San Diego. Upon arrival and 45 minutes of trying to find out where to park, check-in and setup, I gained a pretty basic tour of the hotel. What I wanted to share with you guys is what I discovered. I was walking through the lobby (which I don't have a picture of it here) when I noticed how big it was, like an airplane hanger (slight exaggeration). I stopped and commented to the concierge about the lobby size, and he explained to me it was the largest hotel on the West Coast. Seriously, this place was big, with two swimming pools, and a ridiculous amount of banquet halls (125,000 sq. ft. worth). Furthermore, the hotel has 1,625 rooms, which in my opinion is a lot. I just wanted to share that with you guys (because I thought it was interesting). Here are a few pictures I pulled from my camera.


Front view, with the two towers. When David and I decided to go setup, we obviously chose the wrong tower to check-in at.

One of the classes performing their dance.

A very, loud, but super supportive crowd!



View Comments
 
blog comments powered by Disqus